Monday, July 21, 2008

PARTING……

I don't know how many of u will relate to this….but well I don't know how many of u will read this in the first place..so it hardly matters!!

Well I think, all of us..at one point or the other have experienced this biiter sweet feeling…its sweet sometimes, its sometimes bitter..and at other times its bitter-sweet. Its sweet when u believe in the idiom-"absence makes the heart grow fonder"… Its bitter when u don't believe in the idiom, i.e. when someone who u love dearly is parting..and and im talking here about temporary parting..because heaven knows that 'permanent parting' is never going to be the former for anyone..unless u belong to the category of cold blooded persons..who actually derive happiness out of the death of some…and in which case I shudder to think about the kind of person u are!! Well death may sometimes be deserved by certain people..and the entire debate of capital punishment can be dealt with at some other time..and let me tell u, I have a habit of weighing everything with its pros and cons, and inevitably end up being on both sides of the coin..and not to mention, thoroughly confused. And as u can obviously see I also have a habit of deviating from the topic, and get into an entirely different stream of thoughts!!

Well, so I was talking about temporary parting, i.e. u know that u will meet the person again..and that its only a matter of days..the current subject has been brought about by an event in my life..and the experience of which I would like to share..and for that u will have to know a little about my family

I belong to a family of 6..and I have 3 older sisters..two of my older sisters are married..and marriage was the only reason for which they actually left home…so we got to spend a lot of time..in that way…wat I mean to say is that they did not go out of town for other reasons..say higher studies or for vocational purposes..im hoping u're getting the picture..but the third one has just left for pune to pursue her m.b.a. and it was kind of first experience for all of us at home

But what I really want to write about it here, are my own feelings. We're separated only by two years..so u can imagine how close we were!! We may have fought like mad people..but then again I believe that u fight, only with people who are dear to u or who hold importance in ur life..yup..go on.. think about all the people u've fought with, over the years..yes yes even the worst of ur enemies..and u'll find out the significance of their existence in ur life!! Those who don't hold that special place in ur life..dont make u bother!!u can easily keep them aside, and carry on with ur life……Im doing it again!! Deviating from the topic!! Please bear..or else just get lost!!

What I was saying was, that lord knows I had been waiting for her to get out of the house like a lover waits for his love. Because it had its obvious plus points..like having the room to myself, having mamma's attention to myself, having the cell phone to myself etc etc(the list is long!!). But when the day actually came..all I could think about was how miserable my life would be without her being there always!!how I would have no one to irritate, how I would have to one who would listen to my lengthy explainations of everything(to my mum, it irritates her to no length..so I don't even try!!) and ofcourse how I would have no one to frown on my jokes( my mum actually laughs at them!!!!!). and ofcourse I could not think of one good reason for me to be happy about her parting…not at that moment though..but now I can..wat with emotions taking a second place to practicality/rationality..haha..and just this contradictory nature of the phenomenon of parting made me want to write about it. Its just as confusing as the entire course of life, but hey what are our brains for, if not for sorting out these confusions..and I for one, love these confusions!! Gives me enough food for thought for my ever starving brain!!

And just to end it all..or rather to sum it all up, I'd like to quote a few lines from one of my favorite hindi songs

"na jaane kyun hota hai yeh zindagi ke saath,

achanak yeh mann, kisi ke jaane ke baad

kare phir uski yaad

choti choti si baat"

it just means- don't know why it happens with life, that suddenly/immediately after a person parts, we do nothing but be reminded of every little thing associated with them!!

True!!

No comments: