Monday, July 21, 2008

this one was really random...

I just don't know how to separate the twin feeling of love and possession…..

How can u not possess someone who u love…how can u not help but feel possessive about people who are dear to you..and with this possessiveness comes the worst feeling in the world, that of jealousy. That pang in ur heart wherein given the right circumstance(read ammunition) u could even kill the person who invokes this emotion…ok, ok maybe im a bit violent and u a bit more peace loving…and I know u wont kill…but im assuming that u are familiar with the sentiment.

Thousands of time have I felt this shooting pain and equal no. of times I have felt silly contemplating about the way I reacted. Its just that at that point in time u see the world with green tinted glasses.. and anyone who has tried on a pair of green shades, can tell u that its all a blur and that u cant really tell what exactly you're seeing, which is not a good thing.

But what im trying to seek by writing this is the answer to a very complicated question. I read somewhere about a person who while describing himself had written " I hate if anyone eyes my possessions yet I want to be envied". I think he speaks for most of us. True sainthood would have us belive that it is possible, to love without ownership, but since im no saint, I just cant, but that's not to say that I am not trying.

But then again, I think jealousy is ,in a way, good for us..it lets the other person know how much we adore them. Coz if we did not love them, the question of jealousy coming and ruining the picture wud never arise. U don't feel jealous of people who u don't love…or do u? but there are thousands of different ways in which u can show ur adoration for someone..rather than letting them know it thru this manner. Though in the heart of things we know that it causes a lot of heartache to us.

So what I was saying was that, if anyone truly finds a way to love without possessing, please please please let me know.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I have to contradict this one for sure!! jealousy is no way of showing your love to ppl.. It shows them that you dont trust just how much they cherish you. That, to be acceptable, they need to show you every minute of every hour of everyday just how much you mean to them. And if they forget you just for a moment in their lives, you'll be miserable!! There's no understanding where there's jealousy. N there's no peace of mind where there's no understanding. BUT! possessiveness, a little bit of it, (just a lil bit though, dont push your luck!!)is indeed good.. like you said, it shows a person just how much you love them. So you dont need to find a way to love people without being possessive, as long as that possessiveness is not making you feel cold with hate for someone. In fact, possessiveness should remind you how much you love a person. It should make you feel good. All this talk about possessiveness got me thinking of these lyrics...
"rakh loon chhupaa ke main kahin tujhko
saayaa bhi teraa naa main doon
rakh loon bana ke kahin ghar, main tujhe
saath tere, main hi rahoon"
Beautiful as they may seem to the lover.. think of just how insensitive it is to think about a person in such a way.. and I hope you'll get my point.